24/07/2008

Dear fellow Angels,

How to explain to other people what the Taboe Tango Camp was all about?
I’ve tried to, but words don’t seem to do justice to the things I experienced. In the end my friends simply concluded that I had had a really good time as I kept on smiling like an idiot with every memory, every image that popped up: the wonderful people, the lovely dances, the workshops and creations, the ‘propjes’ritual...

I’ve kept this marvelous tango-energy for days (and then there was the TangoVerde summerparty and a new strand of energy emerged...;-))

For me the camp was one big playground. This place full of creativity, imagination, sharing and love made me experience a new kind of freedom – to express myself, to (re)discover myself. I learned a lot these days, not just about tango, but also about myself. For which I’m very grateful.

When I first visited the Taboe salon in May, one of the very first things I noticed were all these people coming in and not simply greeting each other, but hugging – intensely as I may say. I wondered what that was all about. Nevertheless, in spite of this obviously incrowd thing, I felt very welcome, danced with a lot of people and had a splendid night.
Tomorrow I’ll be without a doubt one of those hugging people – yes, I consider myself incrowd now ;-). I know now how such a wonderful experience as the Taboe Camp can bond people together.
My hopes are that this lovely, crazy, openminded, loving and caring Taboe community will welcome new tangodancers as warmly as ever. And that all of you angels keep on sharing with others and multiply the Taboe spirit!


With love, Eline

No comments: