13/07/2009

Out Beyond Ideas

What can I possibly say about Taboe Camp?! It was AMAZING.

Paras, you are a genius. You throw all our cells up in the air with tango bubbles, and when they settle down again we are new people. We love you. Paul you enable it all to happen. We love you. You and Paras are a great team.

For me Taboe Camp is Permission Camp, it's a place where I have a lot of permission to share what I really feel and think about tango. And that's on top of simply being at the camp! I love the way that the camp revealed people's beautiful inner natures. After a few days, the magical atmosphere of the camp began to feel, well, normal. As Jorga said, this kind of life is what people are made for.

Let's endeavour to bring some of this spirit into all our human encounters, and promise ourselves that we'll take time out to keep this magical spirit alive.

Love,

Michael
Out beyond ideas
of wrongdoing and rightdoing
there is a field. I'll meet you there.

When the soul lies down in that grass,
The world is too full to talk about.
Ideas, language, even the phrase
each other, doesn't make any sense.

- Jalal al-Din Rumi (1207-1273)

1 comment:

iwanharlan said...

I had bet that you come out with Rumi - my deep love
iwan